Againstthecage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FightCove's "Best of June 2012"

3 posters

Go down

FightCove's "Best of June 2012" Empty FightCove's "Best of June 2012"

Post  YodaBonZelda Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Fighter of the Month – Martin Kampmann
Martin “The Hitman” Kampmann picked up the biggest win of his MMA career when he defeated Jake “The Juggernaut” Ellenberger in the main event at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale. Kampmann landed a flurry of thunderous knees to the chin of Ellenberger at the 1:40 mark of the second round that forced referee Steve Mazzagatti to call a stop to the contest. Kampmann has received a lot of flack throughout his UFC career for crumbling after being hurt with big strikes, but this time he kept his composure after a first round flurry from Ellenberger to come from behind and score the knockout in the second round. With the win, Kampmann cements a spot in the top-5 of the welterweight ranks and earned his third straight victory for the first time since his nine-fight win streak from 2005-2008.

Fight of the Month – Eddie Wineland vs. Scott Jorgensen at UFC on FX 3
Former WEC champion Eddie Wineland earned his first career UFC victory with a brutal second round knockout of Scott Jorgensen at UFC on FX 3. Wineland found a home for his big right hand over and over throughout the course the fight until the fight-ending blow eventually landed. It was clear from the outset Wineland owned an advantage in the stand up department, and once Jorgensen decided to engage in a striking battle, it was just a matter of time until the fight was over. Wineland became the first man to finish Jorgensen in the 18-fight career of “Young Guns”, and earned the biggest win of his mixed martial arts career in the process. Coming into the bout, many felt Wineland would struggle with the style of Jorgensen after losses to Urijah Faber and Joseph Benavidez. However, the Indiana native proved all those doubters wrong by never allowing Jorgensen to control the pace of the bout as he picked up a highlight reel knockout in scintillating fashion.

Knockout of the Month – Justin Lawrence def. John Cofer via Knockout (Head kick) – R3 (0:19) at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale
Justin Lawrence landed one of the nastiest head kick knockouts of the year on John Cofer’s chin in the opening fight of the The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale main card. Lawrence performance wasn’t particularly dominant, but the finish is what people remember from the fight, and in the end, that’s all that really matters. Lawrence was touted as a highly skilled striker throughout his season of The Ultimate Fighter; he lived up to the hype with the brutal knockout that earned the 22-year-old a total of $80,000 for Fight of the Night and Knockout of the Night.

Submission of the Month – Mike Chiesa def. Al Iaquinta via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) – R1 (2:37) at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale
Chiesa’s incredible journey over the course of The Ultimate Fighter: Live came to a storybook conclusion when he submitted Al Iaquinta in the first round with a rear-naked choke. Fighting through the show with the death of his father fresh on his mind, Chiesa proved to be an inspiration to all with his tremendous run over the 13-week show. Chiesa’s amazing run of five victories in just over three months is something no fighter in UFC or TUF history has done before and the 24-year-old will forever hold a place in the record books because of it. The rear-naked choke isn’t an uncommon finish by any means, however it was the circumstances surrounding the victory that earns Chiesa honor of “Submission of the Month”.
YodaBonZelda
YodaBonZelda

Back to top Go down

FightCove's "Best of June 2012" Empty Re: FightCove's "Best of June 2012"

Post  WandyCroCop Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Definitely agree with Martin Kampmann. I can already predict July's KO of the month: Chael Sonnen KTFO'ing Anderson Silva Laughing
WandyCroCop
WandyCroCop

Back to top Go down

Post  S. Zulu Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks for posting. It's starting to look like a legit forum. And I agree with Kampann.
S. Zulu
S. Zulu
Admin

https://againstthecage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YodaBonZelda Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 pm

WandyCroCop wrote:Definitely agree with Martin Kampmann. I can already predict July's KO of the month: Chael Sonnen KTFO'ing Anderson Silva Laughing

Can you imagine the storm of shit that would defecate on the MMA world if that were to happen? Honestly, as far fetched as it is, I'm pulling for Sonnen to KO CANderson. Cool

......in that highly unlikely situation, that would be the epitome of Christmas in July for me. Laughing Not that I dislike Anderson, I just wanna see the pot stirred a bit. We need something big to talk about. Like, "Fedor losing his first fight" big.

I re-watched their first fight and if Chael could have generated more power with those bombs from top position, I think he could have put Anderson away. Anderson's head was flush on the mat, just eating shots with no leeway to soften the blow. Take a guy like Jorgenson for example. Dude's got some serious power in his punches from the top. Chael needs to learn how to invest more into his shots instead of love tapping and ass-kneeing his way to a UD. Granted, Anderson has a fantastic chin but he should have been finished, imo. Or at least show some signs of being knuckled up a little bit.

As for FightCove's picks of the month, I think they were all pretty warranted.
YodaBonZelda
YodaBonZelda

Back to top Go down

Post  S. Zulu Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I think Anderson is gonna back up what he said...10 fold.

But I agree wholeheartedly what you said. There were points in the first fight that looked like Anderson was close to being on queer street. Had Chael put more power in his shots it could very well had been over.
S. Zulu
S. Zulu
Admin

https://againstthecage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YodaBonZelda Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah, it's hard to vision Silva losing to anyone at this point. That's part of the reason why I want Sonnen to win. The other part is because I honestly get a huge kick out of the guy. Anyone who can stay in character for this long while trolling the greatest fighter of all time, will always get my respect.
YodaBonZelda
YodaBonZelda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum